In less than two years Alec Lace has soared to the top of the podcasting industry by interviewing some of the most famous fathers on the planet in order to achieve his vision of changing the narrative of fatherhood and family life through his groundbreaking show First-class Fatherhood.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
To be in pursuit of a worthy goal
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Setting an example for my four children
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
4. How do you deal with challenging times?
I start by being thankful for what I have, even the smallest of things, and move forward from there with prayer and meditation
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
I was given a lifetime ban from Giants Stadium
6. What did you learn recently?
That I have so much more to learn and you can’t learn something that you think you already know
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
An Alcoholic, a hustler, a conman, a smoker, a pothead, a liar, a gambler, a wise-ass and a thief
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Reading has completely changed my life
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better – Jim Rohn
11. What are your top VALUES?
Honesty, Humility and Hard Work
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
To be smarter, wiser and better. To be inspired by others while inspiring others
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
That nobody is responsible for your happiness except yourself. You do not have to wait for the world to provide you with whatever is that you want in life. You have the ability to create.
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
I’ve been fortunate to have interviewed many incredible men on my podcast, First Class Fatherhood, including: Tony Hawk, Tom Brady, Dana White and many others. I would love to have The Rock on the podcast.
15. What are you thankful for?
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
Read about other people who came from toxic environments and succeeded greatly. Study how they did it. If it’s possible for someone else it is possible for you.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Having my wife and kids watch my being interviewed on Fox and Friends on Father’s Day
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
I spent a whole week in Atlantic City one night
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Any rule that is causing self doubt
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Hold my great grandchildren
22. What is an important step one can take to shift from SURVIVING to THRIVING?
Make a list of clearly defined goals
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?