Alvin Brown is the CEO and Founder of The Centre for Healing and Peak Performance, a multidisciplinary health, wellness and peak performance centre. The centre has two locations in Pickering and Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Alvin is also the author of “Journey to Personal Greatness: A blueprint for life balance and self-mastery” and his upcoming book, “The Entrepreneurial Code: How to starve your distractions, feed your focus, express your greatness in the world, and build a solid and stable business” is due out in fall of 2019.
Alvin was fortunate to find his life partner, Suzie, in high school at the age of 16, and for 34 years they have built an amazing life and family. They are parents to four amazing kids: Kami, Delante, Mohogany and Ebony.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Thriving means to me, living life above the average and expected norms, and far from society’s standard acceptance of mediocrity.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
The one domino for me, is tied into one of my driving values….RESPECT, which I realize is earned and not given, and I don’t mind getting up every day to earn it in all that I do.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
I can often sabotage myself with time-wasting activities when I face events or tasks that I don’t want to do! Then I leave the task far too long, getting me into overwhelm.
4. How do you deal with challenging times?
I deal with challenging times by always remembering to face the challenge head on and take one bite at a time. Break big challenges into small and consumable chunks. Remembering that this too shall pass.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
Saying yes to a presentation, doing it, and finding out after two hours, that I was totally going down the wrong path for my audience.
6. What did you learn recently?
I learned recently that what you put into the universe will manifest, whether you like the outcome or not. So be clear and specific about what you want, because ask and it shall be given.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was a hard-charging, determined and impulsive dreamer, with a big and audacious dream and desire for success.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Writing my book was a game-changer!
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
10. What is your favourite quote?
Our deepest fear is not that we’re inadequate, our deepest fear is that we’re powerful beyond measure!
11. What are your top VALUES?
Integrity – respect – competition – family – health – wealth
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Building passive income
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
The power of the law of attraction and being focused
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would love to have on?
My mentor, Dr, Tom Hill. I would love to have a number of guests: Robin Sharma, Mike Tyson, Gary Vaynerchuk, Tony Robbins
15. What are you thankful for?
Family, Freedom, Creativity, dreams, a chance
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
You are not your circumstance!
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
My life on a 12-month stream of consciousness
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
Any movie by Will Farrell
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Red tape to getting things done….and taxes!
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Staying in the box. Any box!
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Buy a Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
22. What is a step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
Get a mentor and read often
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
Dr. Charlie Cartwright
24. How can people connect with you?