1. What does thriving mean to you?
Thriving means to always be pushing for a better you but continuing to have a balanced and quality life! Everyday is a new day with challenges and goals. It’s important to never let anything stop you from reaching the next step in the growing process. That is when you know you are thriving!
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
I always want to inspire others, it took one person telling me that I had inspired them for me to realize how amazing it feels to be able to be that positive influence for others. It pushes me to continue to thrive day in and day out!
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Sabotage ? I try not to ! But I do let my stress get the best of me some days but I just breathe and realize some things are out of my control.
4. What are the biggest lessons you’ve learned from the coronavirus experience?
I learned that life is always going to throw curve balls at us… and we need to expect the unexpected .
5. What was an embarrassing / painful moment you can share?
A painful moment I can share would be just having life be put on such a hold this year for me, I had a hard time figuring out what to do with myself when the lockdown happened… I was very overwhelmed at first.
6. What did you learn recently?
I learned recently I have such a love for cooking and trying new dishes with all the extra time I had during the coronavirus lockdown.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was too young to be doing much! But now I’ve become a woman I am so proud of.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Honestly, I had a huge dream to make a name for myself… no matter what it was. And I pushed to make that happen.
9. Is there a book(s) you have read multiple times or a resource you keep going back to?
I love Mel Robbins and her books. She’s a great influence for anyone looking for motivation.
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
Everything happens for a reason.
11. What are your top VALUES?
No matter how many material things you have in life or how much success you have you have to always treat people well and be kind to others. That’s what makes you a successful person. A good heart is rare to find, so be kind to everyone around you.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Build my business as a hairstylist and continuing to make a name for myself within fitness brands and the industry of fitness cause I enjoy it so much and have such a passion for it.
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
Treat everyone with respect and it’s better to be speak up then be quiet about situations you feel are in the wrong.
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
My first podcast I would love to have Mel Robbins on it as she’s my favorite author.
15. What are you thankful for?
My family and friends for always being so supportive in all my choices. I’m also thankful for every company I’ve worked with in the past for being so giving and being so great to work with and give me new opportunities and etc .
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
Keep pushing… you are not them and that is your super power. Grow and be your own person, determine your own values and surround yourself with good people. Family isn’t always blood.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Winning top 3 in Inside Fitness Magazine Hot & Fit 100 and getting sponsored with ALLMAX .
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
I love making ginger jokes about myself daily as I’m a natural red head … haha.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Stress lol! And ice cream!
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Make your own rules, rules weren’t meant to be broken… that’s what makes you stand out… but don’t go too crazy.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Travel more, see the world.
22. There are 12 step programs for addiction recovery. If you had to come up with a program for THRIVING what would the steps be?
1. Make a goal 2. Write a plan 3. Make small changes daily 4. Ask for help when needed 5. Take advice and have a open ear for criticism 6. Put yourself out there 7. Try new things even if you fail at them 8. Ask questions when you are unsure 9. Speak positively about yourself and others 10. Create healthy habits to follow 11. Don’t be afraid to go for it 12. Don’t follow the crowd
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
My Instagram ! @angiegnete