My name is ARI MEISEL and I’m an Overwhelmologist. I help the overwhelmed become more effective. LessDoing.com
1. What does thriving mean to you?
It means developing the freedom to pursue my passions
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Relinquishing my ego
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
4. What gets you back on track?
Accepting the limitations of my will and allowing myself to stumble
5. What question should we ask ourselves?
How can I make myself replaceable?
6. What did you learn recently?
I learned that AI powered tech tools can’t replace me, they just make me better.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
When the doctors told me I could only work one hour a day. I took it as a challenge, rather than a debilitating constraint.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
10. What is your favourite quote?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein
11. What is your focus this year?
Writing my next book, “The Productive Parent”
12. What is your 3/5 year focus?
To help as many people become replaceable as I possibly can, rendering me completely replaceable.
13. What do you want to be known for, generations to come?
I want to be known for the husband and dad I was privileged to be.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
15. What are you thankful for?
Each breath and churros
16. If a dysfunctional home/past has three legs holding up a table (which is unstable). What leg(s) would you add to make one’s life stronger?
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
Saying goodbye to my old company and saying hello to my new one.
18. Think 3/5 years from now, what is your hell if you don’t take action or self sabotage?
Telling people how to get to Inbox Zero
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Well, my company’s name is Less Doing, so I don’t think this one really applies to me.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Break the habit of using the phrase, “Well, we’ve always done it this way.”
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Set the land speed record, 40 miles outside of Barstow.
22. If i am just starting out to transform my life, what one week practice would you recommend?
Oooo I know this one….Get the Less Doing Peak Time App. Then use it to discover what time of day you are most productive.
23. Who would you nominate / recommend be showcased next @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you? A project you want to share? A cause/organization you support?