BEN OOSTERVELD is a husband, father, entrepreneur and mentor who helps people become their unapologetic selves. In his first two years in real estate he made $1,000,000 in commissions and now is excited to guide people to buy their time back in order to live fulfilling lives.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
A True Balance of operating in your talent & your gift. Talent stimulates the #%*^ out of you like a drug and your gift creates massive fulfillment to your soul like a great family turkey dinner. Talent is based in pride (your strength) and your gift is based in courage (humility mixed with passion to impact others)
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Speaking my truth even when i know 100% i will be get backlash.
Being me without apologizing but still being kind.
The inner fire that ignites when i see someone living a life that is not their own and knowing i can help them into their light.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Brainstorming new ideas that lead to distraction from my current mission.
Creating too many things at the same time and charging too little for my services.
4. What gets you back on track? LETTING GO
By being very clear on what i REALLY want in life and willingness to let go of anything that steers me away from that no matter what opportunity or financial gain i get. Letting go gets me back on track.
5. What question should we ask ourselves?
In the areas of Religion, Your culture, Your family, beliefs around men , beliefs around woman, what is success, around politics…your values….heck…in all areas… Ask yourself if “is what I believe really mine, is it really true.”?
If what i believed was not true, how would my life change.
6. What did you learn recently?
Since vulnerability is the pathway to trust it can be used to manipulate or used to deeply connect, depending on the person.
If vulnerability is authentic its beautiful, if its a tactic, it’s dangerous.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was a recovering drug addict that had just graduated from a 365 day locked in program on a ranch. I was trying to find my place in the world that told me what i should be and do. I knew I had incredible potential to be great, famous and impact a lot of people. I wanted to give back but i was very unaware, filled with a big ego that caused me to miss connections with people. But I was truly a good young man.
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
Still have them. If you’re open to have your life challenged and looked at, you find a lot of aha moments. One i remember from about 8 years ago was when i realized i put people on pedestals and secretly wanted to be on one myself. When I did this it exposed my own lack of worth and insecurity.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Anything from Wayne Dyer for spirituality, and help to create a life you love.
10. What is your favourite quote?
Change a generation by changing yourself
11. What is your focus this year?
Building out the “From Within” Brand. Events, Live Coaching and subscription library for Realtors. Keep growing The Business from Within Podcast, Possibly changing the name to “From Within”. Launching the From Within Mastermind a true catalyst for your life, business and relationships. Launch x2 Agent From Within realtor Events in Canada.
Continue to mentor the leadership team to run Team Oosterveld Real Estate.
Spend weekly focused time creating mini experiences and adventures together. Love creating dates with my wife and kids.
Increase the time to sit in silence and listen to the little voice in my belly to connect and gain insights, understanding and clarity.
Play Ice Hockey 2 times a week!!
12. What is your 3/5 year focus?
Very Similar to what i do now. I have worked very hard over the years to build a life i truly love.
Move away from coaching and mentoring in Real Estate to human transformation focused on relationships.
Take a few extra speaking engagements centered in human growth, development and spirituality.
Create more wonderful mind blowing experiences for a smaller group of individuals around the world while helping them break through the old belief systems.
Bring my family on traveling adventures at least 5 times a year one on one and as a group.
13. What do you want to be known for, generations to come?
A great husband and father. Someone who is real, is willing to challenge and support when it was needed.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
15. What are you thankful for?
The ability to truly connect with someones pain and see people for who they really are.
16. If a dysfunctional home/past has three legs holding up a table (which is unstable). What leg(s) would you add to make your life stronger?
Self Value, Courage to speak your truth.
Honest conversations with out expectation.
The ability to Let Go.
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
A keynote i gave to 500 realtors in Connecticut & a 3 day last minute adventure vacation with my 14 year old son when he needed me the most.
18. Think 3/5 years from now, what is your hell if you don’t take action or self sabotage?
I have been to Hell many times and it’s not that bad. Its a wonderful place to gain self awareness and work out your demons. You never know, i may need to visit Hell a few more times in life. LIFE IS PREFECT and gives me what i need.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Pointless Conversations — Or –Idea Conversations.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Always trying to make people happy and not rocking the boat.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Race in a Dessert Baha
22. If i am just starting out to transform my life, what one week practice would you recommend?
Start honestly speaking up , letting yourself be seen. Let it be known when you disagree and offer your real opinion when its asked. Be kind but be relentlessly truthful. (Ask yourself is what i just said really true)
23. Who do you recommend be showcased on THRIVEMASTERS? Renea Oosterveld (my wife)— A true Kid Whisper, who can help anybody connect to a kid. She is truly about to break out.
She just launched a business called Plugged in Parent. A Retreat based business to connect parents to their kids in a real raw authentic way, using play.
24. How can people connect with you? A project you want to share? A cause/organization you support?