Bill Bloom is an independent financial planner and principal of Bloom Financial Company. He helps individuals and business owners understand their current financial situations, define future goals, and develop a strategy that is flexible and will allow them to reach their retirement objectives. Bill helps clients “Retire as You Desire” by providing them with meaningful strategies to a wide range of financial matters including: investments, risk management, tax planning as well insurance needs analysis.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Being in your unique ability.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Distractions – being in the gap
4. What are the biggest lessons you’ve learned from the coronavirus experience?
It is a huge opportunity to refocus your business and life.
5. What was an embarrassing / painful moment you can share?
Starting my company at age 28 with not ONE penny of revenue. That was tough.
6. What did you learn recently?
That in the next 20-30 years, we have a high probability of living to ages 120-130. “Lifespan” David Sinclair
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
High School Soccer Goalie
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Starting my company. It forced me to build something from scratch.
9. Is there a book(s) you have read multiple times or a resource you keep going back to?
Want What You Want, Three Feet From Gold, Epic Business, The Gap and The Gain
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
“Never wish life were easier, wish that you were better. It’s really simple… If you want life to change, you have to change. If you want life to get better, you have to get better. Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.” Jim Rohn
11. What are your top VALUES?
Honesty and Integrity. Attitude of Gratitude.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Spend more time with my wife and son while growing our business!
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
That you can have your money work for you. I’m releasing this book in October!
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
15. What are you thankful for?
I’m thankful everyday. My wife, my son, my family, my friends, my business, my clients, my relationships. I’m also thankful for my drive. Motivation to serve people is a beautiful thing.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
Talk to a professional and talk about your experiences. If you don’t, they could affect you the rest of your life.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Being in Argentina with my wife and son.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
um… I’m not the funniest guy
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Less non-unique ability work!
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Take more chances and be your own boss.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Accomplish my list of 100 life goals.
22. There are 12 step programs for addiction recovery. If you had to come up with a program for THRIVING what would the steps be?
Using our new Money Journal to help you get control of your spending and finances.
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
email@example.com, www.bloomfinancialco.com, www.retireasyoudesirescorecard.com