CAMERON HEROLD is a founder of COO Alliance and Author of Meetings Suck & 4 other titles…
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Working with great people in a flow state to do cool shit together (personally or in biz).
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
I have a huge gap in the market that needs to be filled – the COO Alliance – a group for seconds in command – there are too many groups for entrepreneurs and no where strong for their COOs.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Drinking at nights – I’ve used it to much to kill pain, avoid real work, and it ends up making me tired the next day too. 🙁
4. What gets you back on track?
Exercise. Yoga. Gratitude Journal. Running. Eating Healthy.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
We almost lost the company at $100MM in Revenue due to our lack of understanding of financials and how to get banks to loan to us.
6. What did you learn recently?
That my network is worth more than any investments I make in the market.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was just back from spending 12 months traveling the world – and I was on welfare for 2 months.
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
That I didn’t have to know how to do everything, I just had to know the people who knew how to do stuff.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Joining a mastermind – like EO, YPO, Vistage, Genius Network, TED, Strategic Coach, Mastermind Talks, Baby Bathwater, Maverick or the COO Alliance.
10. What is your favourite quote?
We’re all just walking each other home.
11. What are your top VALUES?
Deliver What You Promise.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Growing the COO Alliance City Forums so we’re open in 10 Cities.
13. You write a book for your great grandkids, what principles do you want to pass on?
I’ve already written 5 books – they’re all avail on Amazon – and they have my best business tips & leadership lessons for sure.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
Greg Clark founder of College Pro Painters. Brian Scudamore of 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Joe Polish of the Genius Network.
15. What are you thankful for?
Their vulnerability and leadership lessons they share so freely.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
Surround your self with people you like and respect- your environment matters.
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
Valentines Day – my best ever.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
My kids make me laugh a LOT –
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Stuff. I’ll take free time and experiences over stuff now. I spent 8 years buying TOO much useless stuff. All wasted.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Any that you don’t look in the mirror and feel bad about breaking. Stretch the boundaries – but like who you see in the mirror.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Cooking Class in Tuscany
22. What is one small step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
Stop working after 5pm, and never work on weekends (reality is – you’ll never get ‘caught up’)
23. Who is the PERSON(S) you would like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
My website COOAlliance.com or listen to my podcast Second In Command on iTunes