1. What does thriving mean to you?
Thriving means constantly growing, adapting, and flourishing in a well supported environment (work, friends and family).
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Making my parents proud.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Social media haha. Every week I challenge myself to spend less time on instagram etc.
4. How do you deal with challenging times?
I let myself take a moment by myself to collect my thoughts and make a game plan. Whether in your work life or personal life, setbacks should be thought of as opportunities.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
Very early in my career, I spilled drinks all over an important guest in the restaurant.
6. What did you learn recently?
Happiness is a choice. Don’t be tricked into thinking otherwise.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
A very happy go lucky high-school student.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Moving from Vancouver to Toronto by myself really pushed me to make moves and step outside of my comfort zone. Being here without friends or family forced me to work hard towards what I want.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
My favourite resource is my mentors. The leaders I work with have so much experience and knowledge, I’m constantly picking their brains and asking them questions.
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
You get in life what you have the courage to ask for – Oprah
11. What are your top VALUES?
HUMILITY and INTEGRITY.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Building my savings and starting my own business.
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
The most important thing I want to impress on the younger generation is being kind is COOL. Take time to be nice, you have no idea what people may be going through.
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
My best friend Cheyenne and I often talk about starting our own podcast. The first guest I would have would probably be Matty Tsoumaris, one of the partners of the hospitality group I work for, Honeycomb Hospitality. Matty has tons of interesting stories, and has been through so much in this industry. He has a lot to share.