Dan Martell is a Serial Tech Entrepreneur, Investor and Coach to Ambitious SaaS Founders.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Living a life of contribution and creation.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Health (more specifically, hydration)
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Taking on way more than I have time for.
4. What gets you back on track?
Saying no to anything that isn’t a f-yeah.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
I’ve got a bunch. The time I ended up in jail (for the second time) is a good one 🙂
6. What did you learn recently?
That you need to focus on the what, but don’t worry so much about that how.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
Driven. Easily influenced. Clueless. Extreme.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Focusing on the Who, not the How.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Book: Love is The Killer App by Tim Sanders. Software: Voxer
10. What is your favourite quote?
You can only keep what you give away.
11. What are your top VALUES?
Do Hard Things. JFDI. Become The Person Who Can Deal. (More https://www.danmartell.com/manifesto/ )
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Helping as many SaaS (Software as a Service) founders build incredible companies.
13. You write a book for your great grandkids, what principles do you want to pass on?
So many. But many summarized here https://www.danmartell.com/manifesto/
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
Too many to mention… but early on, it was Gerry Pond. Mentor (he built the tech infrastructure in the province/state I’m from). I was 25.
15. What are you thankful for?
Breathing. Honestly…. waking up and having the chance to do what I love. My kids and incredible wife. I never take these things for granted.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
Find a group of people that provide a different perspective then the one you were exposed to.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Playing “Bucketz” on a glacier in Iceland after flying there on my friends private jet.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
I have a joke about a pilot. Ask me about it 🙂
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
People talking about things they haven’t decided to change.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
That you should get a great education and get a job. It’s a fallacy.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Camio in a rap video. Jay-Z or Eminem. / I’ve got a whole list 🙂
22. What is one small step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
Wake up at 5AM.
23. Who is the PERSON(S) you would like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
@danmartell on Instagram,