Dustin Runyon is a powerhouse of entrepreneurship, community development, and leadership. He is the owner more than three companies doing millions in sales each year. One being D.R. Coaching and Consulting where he has the honor of working with a select few individuals and organizations who settle for nothing but the absolute best in their life and business
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Pursing something that carries deep meaning for you in heart.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Making a positive impact on people’s lives.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Letting my ego take control instead of my heart.
4. What gets you back on track?
Remembering that I have a responsibility to the people in my life, community and businesses to be the very best I can. I know that I am a node in a network and how I decide to live and perform affects far more than just me.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
I have had a lot of painful moments. Lol. The one that shook me the most was when my fiancé almost left me. She was my girlfriend at the time. I made my work much more of a priority than her even to the point of being verbal about it. It shook me to my core. I thought I had it all figured out and life kicked me in the teeth. I learned so much from it and am so grateful for the experience. I am more today because of it and we share such a deeper connection because of it.
6. What did you learn recently?
Your heart chooses… your brain justifies.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was in high school. I definitely did not like school what so ever. I am not a big fan of rules or being told what to do. My parents had just divorced my father had left and I was just starting my journey to becoming a degenerate. Lol.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
10 years ago was right when I made the decision to make a change in my life. The biggest thing that moved the needle was putting myself in environments where people where performing and living life at a much higher level than I was. Also, the obvious one… taking ACTION.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Get a psychology coach. Ask for multiple references.
10. What is your favourite quote?
“The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it.” – Carl Jung
11. What are your top VALUES?
Ultimate freedom, friendship and love.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Enjoying my fiancé. Getting in peak physical shape. Growing my companies.
13. You write a book for your great grandkids, what principles do you want to pass on?
Do the opposite of average.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
15. What are you thankful for?
The gift of life.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
Well, I did grow up in just that. My advice is to find the gift in it. My father was terrible to my mother: He showed me how not to treat a woman. My father was EXTREMELY hard on me, abusive and very controlling: He taught me to work hard so that I don’t ever have to be under the control of anyone. On the other side of pain is strength. You must find the gift in pain.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
I can’t think that far back lol. We had a quarter one company retreat/workshop that I truly enjoyed.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
Any Chuck Norris joke. Chuck Norris once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger. By yelling “Bang!”
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Things. I am working my way closer to minimalism.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
That you have to live by societies rules. A lot of our behavior as a society is just tradition. Eat eggs at night, stay up till 1 am on a Tuesday… DO YOU and for God sakes don’t apologize for it. As long as “doing you” doesn’t get in the way of someone else “doing them”
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
22. What is one small step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
Audit who you are spending time with. Write down everyone you spend time with. Ask yourself are they helping you move in a direction that your heart desires or are the playing into the comfort and safety of the mind. Let go of one friend pulling you back and connect with someone who can help you move in the direction your heart desires.
23. Who is the PERSON(S) you would like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?