1. What does thriving mean to you?
Helping others and creating inherent value to those around you in your pursuit of personal happiness.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Helping others find their path
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Celebrate before the game is over
4. What are the biggest lessons you’ve learned from the coronavirus experience?
You don’t need to go out to network. Getting business done is not reliant on social status
5. What was an embarrassing / painful moment you can share?
I accidentally copied my entire company on an email thread that was meant for one person. It didn’t go well. (wooops!)
6. What did you learn recently?
It’s better to fail at something you love than something you don’t
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was a freshman in college, skipping class and using all my pocket change to buy spare drum parts and beer just to make it through the next gig.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Staying put in one city / place long enough for the roots that I planted to take shape. Early in my career I was constantly traveling and moving. Making a ton of connections and learning a lot of lessons but never around long enough to get my feet firmly planted.
9. Is there a book(s) you have read multiple times or a resource you keep going back to?
LAUNCH – by Jeff Walker
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
Infinite patience produces instant results
11. What are your top VALUES?
Don’t be afraid to say no. Always do your best. Be honest and stand in integrity.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Personal and professional growth. Not only business wise but this year I’m really focused on inward growth. Living my truth and not putting things off.
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
Facts ARE facts and they do matter. As humans we have to be able to have honest conversations about tough topics. If you can’t do that, you have nothing
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
I have a podcast and my first guests were Zach Weinberg and Bruce Waynne. Zach works for Bob Marley Estate and Ziggy Marley, running 75M+ in social media followers and e-commerce. Bruce Waynne is hit producer / songwriter and has worked with Frank Ocean, Justin Bieber, 50 Cent and many more. The podcast is called NO SHORTCUTS and you can find it here: www.noshortcuts.buzzsprout.com
15. What are you thankful for?
My health. Without that you have nothing
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
Focus on resolving your childhood issues and resentments before anything else. Otherwise you will just recreate your experience all over again.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Laying down on Sunset Blvd in Los Angeles in the middle of the day with zero cars on the road during lockdown. It was a scene straight out of a zombie movie. LA is never that empty.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Less phone calls
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Discussing topics that ‘offend’ people.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Experience the afterlife first and come back to life so I can share the experience
22. There are 12 step programs for addiction recovery. If you had to come up with a program for THRIVING what would the steps be?
1. Don’t ask for permission, ask for forgiveness 2. Live in your truth 3. Don’t do anything that would every intentionally hurt someone else 4. Work harder than anyone around you 5. Create community. 6. Surround yourself with people who inspire you 7. Remove ALL drama and dramatic people from your life 8. Be honest and loving 9. Forget the stories you tell yourself and tell the stories that actually happened. 10. Dream big 11. Don’t be afraid to say NO. 12. Don’t be afraid to say YES.
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?