Jason Scott is the founder of Transcend, which is an upcoming social media content production built around human potential and my life’s pursuit of hacking my mind, body & spirit to become superhuman.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Living a life marked by growth, flourishing, success, fulfillment and fearless authenticity.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Meditation. And bulletproof coffee.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Distracting myself with hedonistic pleasures (food/social media/etc)
4. What gets you back on track?
Meditation, reading philosophy, or having meaningful conversations that center me back in my purpose.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
Early 2018, having read 400+ books on success, philosophy, psychology and all things self-improvement—without having anything in the external world to show for it. The ultimate aim of education is not knowledge; it’s action. It took me a long time to actually apply what I’d learned in different areas of my life to see results.
6. What did you learn recently?
The freedom and peace of mind that comes as a result of never, ever lying—even in the most seemingly insignificant circumstances. I’ve learned to totally align myself with Truth, Reality and “What Is”…and how it’s never a good idea to bend the truth and be AGAINST reality (perhaps THE most important thing I’ve ever learned and acted upon—which took me 22 years to fully understand).
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
An annoying 11 year old kid whose only care in life was instant gratification & being right all the time.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
My father paying me $250 to read a 500-page self-help book by Tony Robbins (i’d never read a full book in my entire life).
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
A curious mind + Google/YouTube is the ultimate combo for sparking the process of thriving. All of humanities collective knowledge + wisdom rests in your pocket. Use it.
10. What is your favourite quote?
“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” —Friedrich Nietzsche
11. What are your top VALUES?
Love, Truth, Wisdom, Virtue & Power.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Sharing my passion—philosophy & hacking consciousness—with the world through social media in a way that inspires & empowers people to take powerful action towards meaningful goals.
13. You write a book for your great grandkids, what principles do you want to pass on?
Self-Actualization (becoming the best you can be) and Self-Transcendence (serving something larger than yourself) as the ultimate means of attaining true happiness, success & fulfillment.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
Superman: an ideal to strive towards, and a symbol of absolute power + absolute moral perfection.
15. What are you thankful for?
The unbelievable privilege of being born into a family/environment with wealth, love, freedom and opportunity—what every human that’s ever lived has wanted. I wish I had recognized that sooner.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
“Whoever has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own personal hell”. Use the lessons you learned, the suffering you endured, and the emotions that were birthed as fuel to create something new and beautiful. The highest highs are always born out of the lowest lows. Chaos and pain can be the greatest gifts of your life if you adopt an empowering perspective rather than dwelling on your misfortune. Strength of will is developed through hardship, not privilege!
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
My 1st of many profound psychedelic experiences—which shifted my worldview from one of hyper-scientific-rationalism to one marked by love, beauty and the understanding of the rational mind’s inability to fully grasp the true nature of reality.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
I like to quote Jonah Hill’s character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall anytime somebody doesn’t respond to my texts quickly: “That’s okay, I’ll just go f**k myself.”
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Thinking & judging
20. What rule should we be breaking?
All of them. There are no rules in nature except the physical laws of the universe. Rules are man-made…more specifically, made by men who might not have known what you know, or been capable of what you’re capable of. Break all the rules in your pursuit of happiness + the greater good.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Fly. In some capacity. Preferably in an iron-man-esque suit. That would be cool.
22. What is one small step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
Start meditating daily—to clear your mind, destroy anxiety, take control of your thoughts, minimize incessant thinking/judging, and experience greater levels of presence and happiness. Your entire experience of reality takes place in your consciousness. Master your mind, master your reality.
23. Who is the PERSON(S) you would like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
@PerfectJ on IG
TranscendTV on YouTube—my upcoming content series built around self-improvement.