Jocelynn Harward is the Chief Operations Officer at HarwardMedia, a multi-million dollar e-commerce company she started on her coffee table. Her passions include building strong relationships, women in power, coaching couple entrepreneurs, and creating a safe space for others to thrive. https://jocelynnharward.com/homepage
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Creating a life I am happy to come home to from vacation.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Frustration. This can be in any form but when I am frustrated I convert that to powerhouse energy.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
“I don’t have enough….” Time, energy, knowledge, you name it. My favorite sabotage script is about my enoughness.
4. How do you deal with challenging times?
I get super disciplined with myself. I actually really like when I have to run the buckle down protocol because my best growth happens there. Hate the pain, love the growth.
5. What was an embarrassing / painful moment you can share?
Oh man pick one. Being sexually abused as a child for years by my next door friend, shredding my skin in self harm cycles, sinking my first company, being gaslighted in a business partnership to the tune of 5M in debt. I’ve done some rounds.
6. What did you learn recently?
Who my audience is. I always knew I was a force to be reckoned with and that I prefer using it for others, but I didn’t know which others. It’s entrepreneur couples and specifically wives.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was an emotionally unstable 16 year old that didn’t know how to manage her manifestor energy, that was running not only the yearbook department but also the newspaper department in her school. That had to perform to be loved and took all that pressure out on herself and her way too long term boyfriend.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Learning what a trainwreck princess I was, and how to switch that from getting in my way to getting what I want.
9. What resources would you recommend?
An accountability coach. Someone who holds a mirror up to you and asks if this is what you want.
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
Done is better than perfect. -Sheryl Sandberg
11. What are your top VALUES?
Authenticity, safety, passion.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Taking my company HarwardMedia from 30 million to 100 million, enjoying the fruits of my labors so far, documenting and sharing my story to pave way for my daughter.
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
How to choose themselves and why it is absolutely vital to break generational toxic cycles by doing so.
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
My first guest is probably my Mom haha, I would LOVE to have Sheryl Sandberg or Jennifer Lawrence on.
15. What are you thankful for?
My health. My trials. My network. My spouse. My intuition. My company. My genetics. My entrepreneur parents. My bossy-ness. My access to technology. My children. My employees. My location. My lifestyle. Ok I need to finish these questions, the list goes on.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
You have permission to make new choices that your ‘home’ won’t like.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Making $1M in one day, buying my dream home, my daughter watching me speak.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
My company culture involves pranks. The best one is about to happen with my business partner, it’s his birthday and we have a live cast happening today. My employees are going to flash mob him birthday style during the live cast. That or the fish aquarium in the drawer of a filing cabinet.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Sleep deprivation. I am not good a prioritizing sleep.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
That we need to know things before we act on things.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Go to outerspace.
22. How would one shift from surviving to thriving?
Connecting to their childlike self.
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?