JORGE BRITTO is a Brazilian jiu jitsu black belt under Saulo Ribeiro and Vini Aieta as well as the founder of the Jiu-Jitsu For Life grappling team, a project started together with Josh Rapport in 2016. Britto’s many accomplishments in the sport range from his work as an athlete and coach, particularly since settling in Canada (2007).
1. What does thriving mean to you?
The ability to multiply something positive and meaningful.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Concern for others opinions about myself.
4. What gets you back on track?
Make sure my actions are aligned with the principles I believe.
5. What question should we ask ourselves?
Is life and beliefs walking togheter?
6. What did you learn recently?
There are techniques to enhance your mental state.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
Jorge was a hungry man, with the determination to work hard to accomplish his dreams.
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
Finding who GOD really was which changed the direction of my life 180 degrees.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
10. What is your favourite quote?
The harder I work the luckier I get.
11. What is your focus this year?
To become more organized.
12. What is your 3/5 year focus?
Be able to promote and offer Jiu-Jitsu as a personal development tool to more people through 3 projects. Impact more lives and more communities.
13. What do you want to be known for, generations to come?
As an icon of perseverance and hard work.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
15. What are you thankful for?
For my relationship with God.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
Forgive and move on. Make sure you become the person you needed when you were young.
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
Development of my kids and my projects.
18. Think 3/5 years from now, what is your hell if you don’t take action or self sabotage?
Stay in the same spot
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Whatever rule you feel that is not aligned with the principles you’ve chosen to believe. At the end of the days there are no rules.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Spend sometime in Hawaii.
22. If i am just starting out to transform my life, what one week practice would you recommend?
Spiritual fasting and reading personal development books.
23. Who would you like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?