KEVIN DUBROSKY helps highly-driven humans lock-in new belief to unlock new potential. He’s the author of the unusually-formatted book “Unlock Your Next Level”.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Consistently living into a strong semblance of your maximum potential.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
My bathroom mirror.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Watching riveting, world-class, mesmerizing TV shows and calling it “storytelling deconstruction and analysis”.
4. What gets you back on track?
A deep conversation that reminds me how a few well-chosen words and sentences can change the life of the person I’m engaging with.
5. What question should we ask ourselves?
If I stopped making excuses, what could I be capable of?
6. What did you learn recently?
Caterpillars liquify themselves inside their cocoons, creating a protein-rich goo for specialized [butterfly] cell structures to [finally] flourish in. LESSON: To become something new, old parts of you must die.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
Unstoppable and lost at the same time. Deeply engaged with work that filled me with meaning and purpose, but wanted to find someone to share my life with.
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
October 2016, shortly before I separated from my wife of 17+ years: I realized that a) I was sick of my own nonsense, and b) the pain of change was less than the pain of stasis.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Books! I don’t understand why books are so affordably priced. They can change your life.
10. What is your favourite quote?
“It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” —Leonardo DaVinci
11. What is your focus this year?
Becoming stronger every day, so I can transform the lives of my 10 [high performance coaching] clients.
12. What is your 3/5 year focus?
Unleash the most aligned, powerful and empowering Kevin.
13. What do you want to be known for, generations to come?
Admitting when I was in over my head and courageously accepting help to become the most powerful version of me.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
My wife Colette, who I invested six and a half thousand days of shared life with. She taught me that friendship requires deliberate, consistent effort, with pure intention.
15. What are you thankful for?
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
Your past does not define you.
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
Seeing 70 genuinely smiling faces at the launch party for my latest book.
18. Think 3/5 years from now, what is your hell if you don’t take action or self sabotage?
The deep regret of willful stasis.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Women (at the moment).
20. What rule should we be breaking?
“Focus on your strengths and do the things that come easiest to you.”
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Live in complete alignment.
22. If i am just starting out to transform my life, what one week practice would you recommend?
Use A-V-E to live with intention.
AFFIRM who you wish to be. (morning)
VISUALIZE how you will show up as that person. (morning)
EVALUATE how closely you lived into your intentions. (evening)
23. Who would you like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?