Leigh’s successful first book, bestseller Outrageous Authenticity™, paved the path to writing her second book, The 7 Deadly Sins of Sales™ which instantly became an Amazon #1 bestseller! You may also catch Leigh (and her friends that she chats with) on her podcast: Crazy Sh*t in Real Estate.
She is known for being a sassy Southern woman who is extremely popular for her no-holds-barred approach to motivation. She is currently one of the sales industry’s most sought-after speakers and her inspirational speeches have allowed her to travel all over the United States and the globe – from Miami to Dubai!
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Waking up each day with energy-living a life of barely-contained joy!
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
A message from someone who heard my messages either in person, online, in one of my books-for whom the message resonated and helped them feel less alone and more powerful.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Listening to the one negative comment in a chorus of positive and assigning entirely too much value to it.
4. How do you deal with challenging times? Or what do you think would be optimal.
Education. I go learn new things and then share those with others. Keeps my head above water and allows me to shift my business ahead of when others will realize they must shift as well.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
When I used a colloquialism on stage, failing to understand the level of negative repercussions or the responsibility of having the microphone in hand. The negative attacks were plentiful, the acceptance of an apology was not happening-and I learned that many people would prefer seeing someone fall than seeing someone rise.
6. What did you learn recently?
That resilience is more important than success.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
A bartender desperately seeking direction, no idea what career choices to make after finishing my degree in 3 years and graduating ‘off season.’ I was seeking love, seeking new friendships, seeking others’ approval, looking everywhere but within.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Saying yes to the first person who believed something bigger was within me. I tried to ignore him but he refused to let me hide.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Well, that depends on the audience! For entrepreneurs-Dan Sullivan’s book, ‘The 80% Approach’.
10. What is your favourite quote?
I am an optimist. It does not seem to be much use being anything else. -Winston Churchill
11. What are your top VALUES?
Faith in God. Belief in my family’s goodness and merit. Honesty. Integrity. Discipline/Work Ethic. That almost anything is possible if you have the drive to work for it.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
To solidify existing speaker and real estate business so I can break into next level.
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
That who you are matters more than what you have. That hard work is important and valuable and that you gain self-worth not from ‘stuff’ but from accomplishments.
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would love to have on?
I *really* want to have Nikki Haley on my podcast. She’s an incredible inspiration.
15. What are you thankful for?
The lifelong friends I can trust, no matter how many ‘fans’ I have. My kids-oh, how I am grateful for my kids!!
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
Read as many books as possible. Books give you the life you want to have, and help you find a vision that exceeds reality.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Going out on a jetski with my son for the first time.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
Every day has funny moments when you’re in real estate!
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
20. What rule should we be breaking?
The new rule that says you must not offend anyone at any cost. We’re all saying far too few honest things for fear of the unknown offense.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Visit every major league baseball stadium.
22. What is a step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
Get up earlier. It won’t hurt you and your productivity will be transformed.
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?