Marcus Sidhu is the Founder and Fat Loss Coach at N1 Fitness. He helps folks with their weight loss goals via a lifestyle approach of proper nutrition, movement, sleep and stress management.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
The easiest way for me to explain my view on this is via surviving vs. thriving. Surviving is like treading water. Thriving is more like riding in a boat on top of the water.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
In the past it’s been via alcohol and drugs.
4. How do you deal with challenging times?
I focus on one thing at a time and completing each thing/task before I move on to another one, I find this much more manageable mentally.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
A few days ago I was in the gym and I knocked over someones loaded barbell…it was loud, everyone looked, I blushed.
6. What did you learn recently?
Consistency is more important than intensity.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
Haha I was a stoner high school athlete that didn’t care about school itself, but cared a ton about sports and girls.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Backpacking Europe on my own, it was possibly the single most valuable thing I’ve ever done for myself.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
A book called ‘You Can Heal Your Life’ by Louise L. Hay – corniest book title ever I know!
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
Do or not do not, there is no try – Yoda
11. What are your top VALUES?
I’m not sure how to answer this question without it sounding cliche, but I’d say personal growth, health and relationships.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
I have quite a few…work wise it’s to continue to improve as a coach for my nutrition clients. Personally, I want to become fully fluent in Spanish.
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
There are so many important principles, but if it came down to my grandkids specifically, I just want them to be kind people…so the key takeaway would be, treating others the way you want to be treated.
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
I have a podcast (N1 Fitness Podcast) and I would LOVE to chat with Magic Johnson.
15. What are you thankful for?
There are so many things, but here are the first 4 that popped into my head… 1. My Health – Fortunately I’m a healthy dude and therefore I have essentially zero limitations as far as experiences I’d like to embark on day to day. 2. My Parents – I’ve had a ridiculous amount of support from my Mom and Dad, they’re incredible people and they’ve taught me so much. I simply wouldn’t have the quality of life that I have without them. 3. Mila & Taeya – My two little nieces have taught me so much about play, having fun and what’s really important in life. 4. My Buds – I feel so lucky to have the friends that I have, they’re all super funny in their own way and I have a unique relationship with every single one of them. I adore those dudes!
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
I don’t know that I’ve ever met someone that didn’t grow up in a dysfunctional home to one degree or another. Everyone has their own challenges and those challenges are very much relative. So this is less like advice and more of a statement, your parents did the best they could.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Surprising my family in Vancouver after having been abroad traveling for half the year.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
My phone, I use and rely on it far it too much.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
The idea that there are ‘shoulds’ to begin with 🙂
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
I’m not sure yet…
22. What is an important step one can take to shift from SURVIVING to THRIVING?
Accepting the fact that you want what you have, and you have what you want.
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/n1fitness/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/marcussidhu