Mikhaila Peterson solved her chronic health problems with an all meat, carnivorous diet. She had an autoimmune disorder that caused her to have a hip and ankle replacement at age 17. She suffered from chronic depression, ideopathic hypersomnia and a multitude of other ailments. Now she’s thriving. MikhailaPeterson.com
1. What does thriving mean to you?
If you’re happy, you’re thriving. If you end your day and think “nailed it.” You’re thriving.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Diet. Don’t eat carbs.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
4. What gets you back on track?
Exercise and diet.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
6. What did you learn recently?
You can stress yourself into a depression and it takes a lot of effort to get out of it.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
A very anxious, very sick, very depressed teenage troublemaker. Discovering drugs and alcohol, trying to self medicate.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Research. Frantic, desperate research leading me to diet, leading me to a resolution of chronic health problems, leading me to now.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
10. What is your favourite quote?
“All disease begins in the gut.” – Hippocrates
“Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.” – Jung
11. What are your top VALUES?
1. Honesty. 2. Not beating around the bush – I hate people who take a long time to say what they mean. 3. People who try. Effort. 4. Openness.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Optimizing my health further and finishing my book.
13. You write a book for your great grandkids, what principles do you want to pass on?
Don’t lie. Trust your body.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
My mother. She tried to push me into diet at a young age but I fought back. Now I know most of what she says is right.
15. What are you thankful for?
Google. Without it I wouldn’t have figured out diet was such a huge factor in my multiple health issues.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
Fix your diet, get away from the people who cause you stress, exercise, breathe.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
Why do ducks have flat feet? For stamping out flaming forest fires. Why do elephants have flat feet? For stamping out flaming ducks.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Random, unexpected life events
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Any rule that’s stupid. Don’t follow stupid rules.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
22. What is one small step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
Cut out grains entirely.
23. Who is the PERSON(S) you would like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
instagram – instagram.com/mikhailapeterson
blog – mikhailapeterson.com
youtube – youtube.com/mikhailapeterson1
facebook – facebook.com/thecarnivorediet