NANCY J SPOTTON, CEO/founder of MPWR, is THE coach for top performers and a highly sought-after international keynote speaker. She brings groundbreaking collaboration strategies to corporations, individuals and sport organizations to build high performing teams and self-aware leaders. As a self-professed data geek, Nancy uses the more elite performance tools to unlock the potential of individuals and teams with love and data.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Thriving means building communities within business that are focused on helping other people succeed. In business, we have the unlimited opportunity to connect to others. To collaborate. Instead, we tend to compete. Getting to know the person first, what they want to achieve and helping them achieve it will propel all of us forward.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Each day I successfully help at least one other person succeed. That has a huge impact. It begins a chain reaction. What we’ve seen is that person goes on to help others and so on.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
I slink into social media and sometimes stay way too long reading, thinking and absorbing.
4. What gets you back on track?
Measurable and achievable strategies and goals, a goal for the day, and then setting the Strategy of Time – “at 1, I will focus on goals for the day.”
5. What question should we ask ourselves?
What makes your Heart SING?
6. What did you learn recently?
Infinite vs Finite. Vision is infinite and Goals are finite. Big distinction.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
Smart, mouthy, driven, crazy happy, top performer who worked 100 hour weeks making the company I worked for millions. AND loving every minute of the opportunity.
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
The clarity on my strengths. Personalization is the KEY to connection. I have built deep, committed relationships all my career using tidbits about the person i’m communicating with to get a full picture of them. I used to do it intuitively, now I enhance my intuitiveness with data on 20 different scales
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
A Coach. Everyone needs a coach. And Everyone should have a coach who uses data.
10. What is your favourite quote?
“Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, and drink deeply from good books” John Wooden
11. What are your top VALUES?
Positivity, Authenticity, and Transparency.
12. What is your focus this year?
To Help 1,000 People Succeed
13. You write a book for your great grandkids, what principles do you want to pass on?
Know yourself AND how you will find yourself is through the service of others. Believe in yourself. There is only one you.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
Cynthia Flett. She stood by me every day when I had cancer, and never wavered. She was beside me every day through my Masters, and she stands beside me every day that I am starting a company.
15. What are you thankful for?
The goodness and intelligence of the people in my community. They push me to be better every single day.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
The mind is a very powerful thing. There are incredibly easy and very effective strategies that most people can put in place to reset the chaos that has been coded in them. Take a look at Viktor Frankl, if he can do it, anyone can do it.
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
My favourite memory is listening to Maryl, Bianca, Evan, Tyler etc. learn and grow.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
With the first client we had, we had a big moment of celebration in our new office. We went to process her and the card got declined. I ended up paying for it myself and we had a big laugh about it.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Everyone should be sharing their psychological data with the people around them.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Build a company with 70 full time employees that is located a building with lots of sunshine and an army of really smart, committed and caring teammates.
22. If i am just starting out to transform my life, what one week practice would you recommend?
Go to bed every night – breathe and remind yourself of 3 things you were AWESOME at today.
23. Who is the PERSON(S) you would like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
Top Performing Millennial, Maryl Eva, for her belief in me and her commitment to MPWR and the future of changing the world.
24. How can people connect with you?
Nominated by Tim McClure