Dr. Neeta Bhushan is a former cosmetic dentist turned best-selling author, international speaker, social entrepreneur, the advocate of emotional health, and leadership coach.
Neeta left her million-dollar dentistry practice to pursue her inner truth; a journey which saw her spend over 15 years across 45 countries researching and immersing herself in the field human behaviour, as well as studying the works of classical philosophers and modern psychology.
Her pursuit of knowledge to understand human behaviour in order to create positive life transformation is sparked by her own life experience to overcome multiple extreme adversities, which includes being orphaned at a young age, surviving an abusive marriage of domestic violence, and facing homelessness.
Neeta’s approach seamlessly blends the emotional grit she developed to overcome personal adversity with the understanding of human behavioural patterns. The power of her coaching and message has transformed the lives of thousands across the world and set the bar for a new form of emotional leadership.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
To have fulfillment and joy in your life.
Doing things that light you up, foster your growth and propel you every day.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Being a first-time mom of a newborn. My family and son knowing that the things I move towards will inspire his generation.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
4. What gets you back on track?
Self-compassion, reminding myself (as my mantra) “you are doing the best you can”. Re-grouping with breathwork and meditation.
5. What question should we ask ourselves?
Are you 100% all in?
How is this serving you?
6. What did you learn recently?
With a newborn baby, your patience and emotional grit are tested daily since they are still so young the only way they communicate is through crying. Surrendering and patience that you will not get it all done, and that is okay.
7. Divide your age by half, who were you then?
Responsible for a household, (having had to grow up early), this point of my life I was ferociously ambitious, working 3 jobs to sustain my family, driven, very very serious, and always stressed (thinking something bad would happen). I had already experienced two tragedies in losing my mother and brother, so family was a top priority in my playbook.
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
The time I decided to flip my world, end a chapter of my life: leaving my tumultuous marriage, leaving my thriving million-dollar dental practice, and moving across the country to begin anew and finally focus on self-care.
9. What’s the one resource you would recommend?
Your own intuition. We don’t trust it enough.
10. What is your favourite quote?
“When you want something; all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paolo Coehlo
11. What is your focus this year?
Enjoying motherhood, while growing another arm of my business, and working on my third book =).
12. What is your 3/5 year focus?
Build a community that thrives knowing their potential in the world, how to share their medicine in the form of their message, and scale our business as well as reach.
13. What do you want to be known for, generations to come?
How and why emotional health + resilience are the fundamental roots for being able to thrive, unapologetically.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
I believe it takes a village. For me, it’s been the village that raised this girl to give me different perspectives that would inform my framework in how the world operates. From a multicultural perspective, global perspective, as well as hard work ethic I owe it to my father who laid the initial groundwork, and once my parents perished my aunts that took the reigns to ensure I would thrive.
15. What are you thankful for?
Grateful everyday I get to choose and create this life.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
You have the power to shift your thinking, your emotions, thoughts, and feelings. It starts with you, and every day you have a choice. To choose what fills your mind, your heart, and surrounding yourself with people that believe in you. What will you choose?
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
Giving birth to my baby boy, and pulling him out with my two hands.
18. Think 3/5 years from now, what is your hell if you don’t take action or self sabotage?
Not evolving, staying the same, not growing.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Less of new companies that I partner with 😉
20. What rule should we be breaking?
The limiting beliefs that you have about yourself.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Create a massive impact that will be left for generations to come.
22. If I am just starting out to transform my life, what one week practice would you recommend?
Start journaling, Take 10 mins per day this week, and write out your 3 big wins every day, focusing on gratitude will pour in even more into your life.
23. Who would you like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
Amy O Meara
24. How can people connect with you?
The Book of Coaching
Youtube Show: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYur-0JccshlS90RO2ZfuUg