Nickolas Singh is a talk show host, entrepreneur a and friend.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
A life driven by purpose, fulfillment, and meaning in a world where that’s not common yet.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
4. What gets you back on track?
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
I went on a date once, got so nervous because the girl was so pretty and kind that I tried to do a gratitude session with her (where she tells me 3 things she’s grateful for then I tell her 3 things Im grateful for etc). It probably would have flew by fine if I pitched it right, but, the whole idea to do it came out of such left field lol. Definitely caught her off guard. Was funny in the moment and immediately after. We’re still friends though
6. What did you learn recently?
That there is power in choosing.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
hahaha I was a goon, making films with my friends in the summer and doing things a kid in grade school would do when he has free time.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Learning about who I really am as a soul and starting to trust that.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Your Intuition–you don’t need as much advice as you think.
10. What is your favourite quote?
“Following the light of the sun, we have left the old world” – Christopher Columbus as he set out to find the America’s when everyone else thought the world was flat. Knowing they might die and “fall off the edge of the earth”, he said that quote to his men as all they had was the sun and water. Nothing was certain until he one day, discovered the Americas.
11. What are your top VALUES?
Health and Vitality, Faith, Trust, Connection, Love, Warmth, Intelligence, Laughter, and Cheerfulness.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Building a badass business that solves the global water crisis.
13. You write a book for your great grandkids, what principles do you want to pass on?
Follow your heart, you don’t need as much as you think. This world is full of people ready to tell you what to do or how to live. In times like this, intuitiveness is common, but, following it is rare. Harness things like courage and bravery and you will find yourself walking the path of the greats.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
15. What are you thankful for?
mmm Being able to make a difference in people’s lives in small ways like smiles, laughs, and hellos. Louis Armstrong said in his song, What A Wonderful World, “I see strangers passing by, saying, how do you do? They’re really saying, I love you.”. I thought, how beautiful and true?
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
Everything happens for a reason. Find the purpose and meaning in your situation.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Mmm…hard to choose one, but, amongst some of the best would be sharing some crazy unstoppable laughs with my homies, Kavon, Kevin, Grant, Eric, Edddie, and Aaron out in LA.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
hahaha too many to count. I feel I say things that often get immediately disregarded lol–I find that hilarious.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Great Q – I’d say the rule of having to go to school, get a job, get married, have kids etc. Shake it up a little. It’s a good time to do that. People are winning doing that big time. People are winning the other way too, but, shaking things up matters. OR…. Talking to people. When’s the last time you really piped up in line for a coffee, or at the airport, or at a mall to really meet someone new. We’re around each other so often, why don’t we talk more?
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Go to the safari in Africa and hangout with an African Tribe for a week.
22. What is one small step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
Practice gratitude daily. Make it a habit as you would eating to find unique things you’re grateful for.
23. Who is the PERSON(S) you would like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
@kevcrenshaw @kavonmassenburg (IG)
24. How can people connect with you?