NIRAJ NAIK is a qualified pharmacist from the UK turned a holistic wellness expert.
After healing himself from a chronic illness using yoga, pranayama and ayurvedic practices, he felt motivated to share his knowledge with suffering patients and started therenegadepharmacist.com blog where he now shares with thousands of people about natural ways to get healthy, get off medications, overcome auto-immune and digestive issues.
Niraj has now put his wisdom and knowledge into a brand new community based movement and school called SomaBreath.com, with his Awakening certification programs giving people the ability to use ancient healing and transformative protocols with a modern scientific understanding to help people to clear negative patterns, heal past traumas and reach the peak human experience.
Niraj is a Hay House and Mindvalley author, works closely with some of the world leading wellness experts, such as Swami Ambikananda (Traditional Yoga Association) and Marisa Peer voted Britain’s Best Therapist, and is the host of Wim Hof aka the Ice Man events worldwide.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
When you are living in balance and harmony with your environment.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Understanding that you become your environment and all is one.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
4. What gets you back on track?
5. What question should we ask ourselves?
Every morning when you wake up, ask yourself these questions ‘Am I doing this, because I want to do this, or do I have to do this to survive?’, ‘Am I truly enthusiastic to do a hard days work, or do you feel you have to work, rather than wanting to do the work? Do you feel you want to be compassionate, or do you feel you have to be compassionate? If you feel you have to do something everyday just to survive, rather than wanting to do it with enthusiasm, it is a sign you are stressed and will inevitably get sick.
6. What did you learn recently?
How to speak Spanish using a cartoon called Muzzy. Abstract cartoons are a great way to learn stuff fast as your brain remembers words associated with imagery thats weird and wacky.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was a renegade promoter of dance music running 2000+ capacity monthly raves. I desperately wanted to put out music that had meaning, a message and purpose. 20 years later, its happened in a way I would never of imagined back in 1999
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
Realising that our life is programmed between ages of 0-7 years old. Traditional yoga and tantra is a method to liberate yourself from negative patterns and become more aligned to your true will.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson
10. What is your favourite quote?
I = ILL WE = WELL (Dr B.M Hegde)
11. What are your top VALUES?
11. What is your focus this year?
Growing the Soma community
13. You write a book for your grandkids, what principles do you want to pass on?
1. Do What You Love. (passion/enthusiasm = number one predictor for happiness and success)
2. Do It Everyday – thats how you get great at anything. (even bad things, so avoid doing bad/negative things every single day)
3. Follow The Golden Rule. – Treat others as you expect to be treated yourself. Spiritual means ‘to breathe’ in latin. We all breathe to live, we all have the same color blood, we are all connected. Soma = One Mind, One Body, One Community, One Spirit. The spirit inside of all of us is the same, and by breathing together in harmony we create coherence that raises the vibration of the whole community.
4. Choose Wisely. – Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
5. Work to Give – Love + Contribution = number one factor for spiritual bliss.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
It is too difficult to pick one person who is still alive today, as there are many and I would not want anyone to feel less important, so I will pick a person from past history who made a huge impact on my life without them even knowing it. That person would be the God Indra, who ordered the rishi’s to go inward to discover how to create the Soma within, that formed the origins of tantra, yoga, pranayama and ayurveda.
15. What are you thankful for?
How high vibe you can get from just breathing in a certain way.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
You become your environment. So forgive the past, realise that any of your negative traits are not your fault, create strength from your hardships, and move towards an environment that allows you to thrive.
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
Coming to Ibiza (a spiritual musical place very close to my heart) and participating in a 60 minute Soma Awakening session for the first time, expertly led by our first qualified instructor who can now facilitate a full 21 day Soma awakening protocol. Steve did it from a beachfront co-working space in Thailand to people all over the world using the power of technology. I had a full body orgasm and DMT experience, and a huge rush of euphoria when I realised it was only 8 years ago that I was shitting blood 40+ times a day and was housebound for a year! This experience confirmed that we really have actually started a global movement, that is very scaleable and that can potentially lift the spirit of mankind in a way that has never been done before. This movement can help create stronger communities, connection and love. Something that is much needed right now in our world that is becoming more and more industrialised, individualised, compartmentalised and nationalised every single day.
18. Think 3/5 years from now, what is your hell if you don’t take action or self sabotage?
Shitting blood 40 times a day.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Every (as long as it doesnt actually kill you)
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Discover immortality, but with the ability to choose not to become immortal on this planet.
22. If i am just starting out to transform my life, what one week practice would you recommend?
Soma Awakening Breathwork.
23. Who would you like to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?