1. What does thriving mean to you?
Having complete freedom to choose what to create, when to create it and who to create it with!
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
The influence of a good friend or mentor… Also, the idea in a good book or film.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Getting out of communication… ghosting
4. How do you deal with challenging times?
depends on the specific challenge… generally the optimal is to take responsibility for the situation no matter what… then learn what I need to learn about myself or others… then let it go
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
I had a mid life crises that was so text book and so cliche… also extremely embarrassing. I actually put the “ass” in embarrassing… lol 😉
6. What did you learn recently?
I learned that people ARE the end goal” NOT the ends to a means.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
If you compare the two people: Past self and Current self, the difference, as in most humans, is staggering. in my 20’s, ambition and the achievement of goals was far more important than anything else. Happily clueless to the fact my actions were driven by unconscious programming and urges. This will be an interesting question in about 20 more years because the answers may be the same! No matter how old you grow, you can always grow 😉
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
All the great friends I have!!
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Friendships, the more the better. Also, you’re gonna need money no matter what you’re doing! yeah I know… that’s two 😉
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
It changes every week. Here’s this weeks: “you can have everything in life that you want if you just help enough people get what they want”.- Zig Ziglar
11. What are your top VALUES?
Value relationships. Spend time with the the people you love doing the activities you love.
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
I am currently producing a film about MONEY. No title yet.You know that scene in “CLOSE ENCOUNTERS of THE THIRD KIND” where Richard Dryefuss is building a sculpture in his living room like a crazy person? yeah that’s me working on this film for the next 12 months.
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
Here’s the first two sentences of that book: The golden rule is so simple but as we get older it gets so hard. Just treat everyone as you would want to be treated and your life will be amazing. —- The rest of the book will be explaining WHY its so damn hard and HOW to hang on to it!
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
15. What are you thankful for?
Easy! All of my wonderful and amazing friends and family. I may have the best friends on the planet.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
Only assuming that they are actually asking for advice then: You were born in a difficult situation and you need to acknowledge that. YES the deck is stacked against you… AND If you could become AWARE that your past is controlling your behavior then you have a shot changing your future.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
I received a phone call from my son who has been depressed and suicidal over the death of his mother, my wife. He said he loved me and appreciated what a good father I have been.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
Those change every day but since its halloween: What did the Zombie dogs do last night? They terrier-ized the neighborhood… yuck yuck yuck!
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Distractions… yeah I know they are self created but I’m just sayin.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
Don’t go swimming after you eat… for sure you are not gonna drown. Eat and swim all you want!
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
See my son happy
22. What is a step you would recommend one take to improve their life?
So many steps and of course it depends on the person. But number one is question all your “truths”. They are definitely NOT the truth. Next time you judge someone as bad, consider you are dead wrong and go from there.
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
Facebook, instagram, linkdin and firstname.lastname@example.org