I have spent over 15 years on the origination side of the mortgage industry and currently serve as VP of Development & Regional Manager for Mason-McDuffie Mortgage. I am the Founder & Host of the Mortgage Marketing Expert podcast sharing tips from expert guests to help mortgage professionals grow their business. I also Co-Founded the Industry Syndicate which is the industry’s first media network of podcasts, flash briefings and social media shows. I am a contributor to HousingWire and hold a seat on their Content Advisory Board. I was named the top producer in a multi-state region for the largest mortgage lender in the country in 2009 and have built teams in markets all over the country.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Thriving is living up to your potential in every area of your life.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
The pursuit of a goal or a dream.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
Procrastination has been, and sometimes still is, one of my biggest challenges.
4. How do you deal with challenging times?
I try to think of the worst-case scenario and picture myself there for a second. Once I realize that I would still be okay , it makes me thankful for where I actually am right then, and changes the perspective so that is easier for me to deal with that current challenge.
5. What was an embarrassing/painful moment you can share?
Recently I was a guest on a webinar and the host referred to me as someone who was “doing the most” about a certain topic. When I thanked him I said “I’m by far doing the most” when I really meant to say “I’m by far NOT doing the most” but I didn’t notice the mistake until I listened to the final recording that was being sent out to everyone.
6. What did you learn recently?
How we communicate a message is way more important than the content of the message itself.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
A young man who realized life was very different than he thought it was, but that everything you go through is preparing you for something else.
8. Think back 5-10 years, what moved the needle in your success?
Never being satisfied or complacent. There’s always another mountain to climb.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
Start understanding the power of audio & voice technology – from podcasts and audio books to voice search through Siri, Alexa, etc. These types of platforms will have the biggest affect on our lives and businesses in the coming years.
10. What is your favourite quote or motto?
“A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but it’s persistence.” & “Nobody cares, work harder.”
11. What are your top VALUES?
Integrity, Work Ethic, Empathy, Loyalty
12. What is your focus over the next 12 months?
Helping to move my industry forward, by sharing advice & experiences from elite guests on my podcast, and through coaching & training teams in locations across the country.
13. You write a book for your grandkids / next generation, what principles do you want to pass on?
God does not show favoritism, so anything that someone else accomplished, you have an opportunity to do it was well. Love people and don’t act like you’re better than anyone else. Consistence and persistence is how you win, rarely do short-cuts take you where you want to go.
14. You start a podcast, who is your first guest? If you have a podcast who would you love to have on?
I have a podcast and have had some incredible guests already, but I would love to have John Maxwell as guest to talk about leadership and personal development.
15. What are you thankful for?
I’m thankful that I have a wife and family who love and support me unconditionally an anything that I do.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional home what advice would you give them going forward?
The challenges that you’ve been through are part of your story. They happened to give you strength and prepare you to help someone else that you only would be able to relate to.
17. What is your favourite memory of the last 12 months?
Interviewing Gary Vaynerchuk for my podcast at his office in Hudson Yards in NYC.
18. Do you have a favourite joke or a funny moment?
How do you get a tissue to dance? Put a little “boogie” in it!
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Belly fat 😉
20. What rule should we be breaking?
That how old we are has any impact on the decisions we make for our life. “It’s never to late to be what you might have been.”
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Take a trip around the world
22. What is an important step one can take to shift from SURVIVING to THRIVING?
Love the process more than the destination.
23. Who is the PERSON you would love to acknowledge by nominating them to be showcased @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?
Across any social media platform or www.PhilTreadwell.com