TINA WELLS is an Entrepreneur, Author and a Lecturer.
1. What does thriving mean to you?
Tapping into your core, desired feelings and experiencing them as often as possible.
2. What’s the one domino that moves you toward thriving?
Vision. I’m Constantly thinking about the next thing I want to create.
3. What was or is your favourite way to sabotage yourself?
I’ve spent 22 years as a researcher and I am so good at telling myself why something won’t work. I suffer from severe analysis paralysis.
4. What gets you back on track?
A moment of inspiration. I normally find that through travel. I need to experience a different culture on a different schedule.
5. What question should we ask ourselves?
Who told you that? As a marketer, I’m in the business of telling people why they need a certain thing. I’m asking you to question people like me!
6. What did you learn recently?
I’d say I’m still trying to master synchronous and asynchronous communication.
7. Divide your age by half , who were you then?
I was 19, and had recently taken my first flight ever, to Tegucigalpa. I spent 6 weeks in Honduras and it totally opened my eyes to travel in general and the developing world.
8. What was one of your aha/breakthrough moments?
Actually living my mom’s advice: you can have anything you want, but I don’t suggest you have it at the same time. I started my company at 16 and I did not slow down for 20 years. I’m truly trying to enjoy experiences now.
9. Whats the one resource you would recommend?
The Less Doing Podcast. I was the epitome of doing too much and not being effective, or more truthfully, succeeding in spite of myself. Ari’s podcast and books are game changers.
10. What is your favourite quote?
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” – my dad
11. What is your focus this year?
Increasing productivity and improving systems and processes.
12. What is your 3/5 year focus?
Helping women launch, grow and lead companies.
13. What do you want to be known for, generations to come?
I want to be known as the woman who helped a generation of women of color launch, grow and lead companies.
14. Who is one of the people that made an impact on your life?
My niece, Phoebe. She taught me how to be a better teacher, see the world from a different perspective, and to just have fun. Also, that watching TV is much better without your laptop.
15. What are you thankful for?
My tribe. It’s so much deeper than friends or family.
16. If someone grew up in a dysfunctional/chaotic home what advice would you give them going forward?
You get to tell your story and direct the story of your life. My dad had a challenging upbringing and the wonderful life he and my mom created for us was because he had that intention.
17. What is your favourite memory of this year?
Easter Dinner in Italy with my family:
18. Think 3/5 years from now, what is your hell if you don’t take action or self sabotage?
Not writing another children’s book series.
19. What do you need to have LESS of in your life?
Conference calls. I’m convinced we all need less conference calls and more Voxer.
20. What rule should we be breaking?
I break so many I couldn’t even name one.
21 . What’s the one thing you want to do before you die?
Go to Papua New Ginea.
22. If i am just starting out to transform my life, what one week practice would you recommend?
Meditation. Just take 5 min and lie in bed and hold a vision of what you want to happen.
23. Who would you nominate / recommend be showcased next @ THRIVEMASTERS?
24. How can people connect with you?